Tasty Conversations with Joshua, Baker Boy
Not so hidden away in our pastry kitchen is baker boy, Joshua. Our female customers have been known to request a photo with him. We think it’s the man bun. His breads are pretty tasty too.
1. Who is Joshua?
A friendly guy.
2. How did you get into pastry/bread?
I took a course that I was interested in and never looked back since.
3. What was your inspirational moment that made you know that pastry/bread was something you wanted to do?
Since I was young, I spent most of my time watching cooking shows on television, especially those on pastry and baking.
4. Who is your mentor and why?
Chef Victor for the following reasons:
– Good management skills.
– Great taste buds. He really knows how to match unexpected flavours together.
– His vast knowledge in food and his generosity in sharing that knowldege with us.
5. What about pastry brings you joy?
I always believe that we all need a little something sweet in our lives and nothing does that better than pastry.
6. What is your dream?
To be a great chef.
7. What does restoration mean to you?
To me, restoration is about building up a healthy body and doing things that boost our energy levels.
8. Tell us 5 things we don’t know about you.
I can fold my tongue.
I can do a front flip.
I love watching movies alone.
I don’t eat pork. Sorry, chef (chef loves all things pork especially bacon).
9. If you weren’t doing pastry, you would be…?
A fire fighter.
10. What has been the biggest challenge and most rewarding part of your job?
The production of our HAND GRATED pineapple tarts for Chinese New Year. OMG. It was so much hard work but to have them sold out in a week, it was worth it.
11. Apparently you’re quite a hit with the ladies. Any tips for guys out there even though Valentine’s Day has passed?
What rhymes with cucumber? Your number.
Are you hurt? I thought you were an angel that fell from heaven.
Nuff said, ladies. Nuff said.